29 November 2012

Personification

I'm writing a lot lately about pictures that I get in my mind. Pictures that are a little absurd. I've always liked personification of anything... animals, objects, feelings... Unconsciously, I'll take objects and attach to them entire concepts. Entire worlds. Complex emotional railroads. Lately, I find myself constantly taking notes as I have a realization that I want to give a certain feeling an physical form. For me, taking an uncomfortable feeling, or a sad feeling and turning it into an object makes it easier to understand. Or sometimes, just easier to hold outside of myself and look at, and still feel frustrated and confused. At least it's not behind my eyes inside of my head anymore.

I'm excited about what's coming out of this obsession. Definitely a show in progress. I can't wait to share it with you. 

No comments: