03 August 2011

Bits

I was going through some old, unfinished and forgotten scribbles. I found a few gems for you. I'll call this first one:

Hibernation Dream

At the worst time of a
dirty winter,
the stink of things
that once were beautiful
is too much.
And you, and I and
the small dog next door,
we all feel the need to die,
somehow, most of the way,
and be re-awakened to something
fresh, new and sparkling.


Rebound

In the arms of a nobody.
A clumsy, massless hoard
that I feel strangely attached to.
That I feel at home with.
Climbing up the towers of
yesterdays comforts,
contours,
bodies,
embraces.

I feel like I'm always
open to new possibilities
and they are just
a little more wrong
than the right that I produced
out of my cerebral cortex.


Escapist

I was born to paint in
colors of long shadow grey,
stifling the cryptic and
pixilated thoughts
running hot through
my body's top.

Come tonight, and be
partway blind.
The music is an invisibility,
and you're not yourself,
and wouldn't it feel like
a vacation, an escape,
to select one small sin
to perform with adrenaline
and a free heart?