17 February 2009

A City-Time Gamble

At this delicate beginning,
I expect you to realize
that I often play in the mud.
I just know
you're going to remember
that you hate germs
more than you know why
you slowly grew up to desire
a tall love.

Noble as this knightly day,
chasing butterflies in the city
is a gamble,
and I don't think you realized,
butterflies mean too much to me
to loose this one.

A street smelling sage barks out,
"Excuse me girl, you're too young to gamble."
To that I say,
with a kind of defiance,
"Old enough to love, old enough to gamble mister."

The truth is,
I don't really know, because,
I like to find hidden flowers.
Rare, growing in the impossible places, and
I spend my days
wishing I could fly
and pretending I'm winging the air gracefully
while underwater.

So all I know is chance.
Chance coasting carelessly down.
Ageless, colorless,
but full to the flooding over
with feeling.

No comments: